Kindergarten teachers, here are resources you can use for teaching science in your kindergarten class. If there is anything that you would like to see on this page that is not listed, or you can think of any of the items listed that need more expansion, or you have questions or need more information about any items listed, please write Paul Nance (the JSD Science Teacher Specialist) at email@example.com or call at 801-244-6479.
Changes Coming to the K-2, 3-5, and 9-12 Utah Science Cores
The new 2019 K-2, 3-5 and 9-12 Science Core SEEd Standards were adopted on June 6th by the Utah State Board of Education. These new grade Science Core SEEd Standards are now formatted and available on the USBE Science website below. They will go into effect the 2020-21 school year. The current 6-8 Science Core SEEd Standards are also available at the same website below. They went into effect the 2017-18 school year. https://www.schools.utah.gov/curr/science
Below is the same New 2019 K-2 Utah Science Core SEEd Standards booklet that can also be downloaded along with other resources.
- The New 2019 K-2 Utah Science Core SEEd Standards Booklet (Effective the 2020-21 School Year)
- SEEd 3D Posters
- Kindergarten State SEED Storylines (Lesson Plans)
The new 2020-21 Open Education Resource Book for Kindergarten, written by the State of Utah, is now available for downloading, printing, and purchasing. To go to this link, Click Here.
Kindergarten Teacher Resources for Teaching Science
Other Resources for Teaching
- USBE Lesson Plans for your Grade by Standard and Objective
- USBE Lesson Plans for your Grade in Alphabetical Order
- Online Learning Fun With Physics
- Teaching Science Effectively K-6 Grades--PowerPoint Presentation
- New Teacher Induction Resources
Materials and Supplies Needed to Teach Classroom Science
Kindergarten Science Book List
ISEE Groups Affiliated with USBE
- Natural History Museum of Utah
- Utah State University