Professional learning is a lifetime commitment to continuous improvement. This is a goal we have for students and, as teachers, need to model ourselves. Teaching methods, core curriculum and the addition of STEM components to science instruction make it imperative that teachers stay current in their knowledge and skills. The following research-based workshops are one way to reach this goal.[column grid="2"]
6th Grade Science SEEd Core Training PD (Location to be determined)
- There will be PD training classes for new 6th grade teachers, teachers switching to 6th grade, and those teachers who want more information and training on how to teach the 6th grade Science SEEd Core the beginning of the 2020-21 school year.
- For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-244-6479.
6th Grade New Science SEEd Core Overview Meeting Held on May 15, 2017.
- On Monday, May 15, 2017 an hour was set aside after school to gather 6th grade teachers together with us for us to tell them about the new science core, materials needed, an overview of how it needs to be taught, what is coming up as to training for them, and lesson plans that have been written or going to be written.
- All the handouts are online. Click here to get to them. They are at the bottom of the page.
6th Grade Seasons and Moon Class to be taught by Clark Planetarium
- This class will be taught the beginning of the 2020-21 school year.
Kindergarten through 5th Grade
There will be no formal K-5 Grade Level Professional Development Science Core Classes held this year for the current 2002 Science Core. However, there will be training classes throughout the year for the new K-5 Science SEEd Core. Please keep watch. Also, fliers will be sent out.
5th Grade Chain Reaction Class to be taught by Discovery Gateway
- This class will be taught in at the beginning of the 2020-21 school year.
4th Grade "Digging Fossils" Class
- This class will be taught at the beginning of he 2020-21 school year.
K-2 Grade Level Classes taught by Hogle Zoo and USU Ag in the Classroom in the Fall or Winter. Watch for upcoming updates in the 2020-21 school year.
Other Science Classes for Specific Subjects for each grade will be announced in the fall.
email@example.com 801-567-8175 or 801-244-6479
- USTA (Utah Science Teachers Association)
- UEN Science Resources
- USOE Science Page
- STEM Action Center