The Jordan School District provides this web page to assist in the instruction of Elementary Science.
Paul Nance | Elementary Science Specialist
cell: 801-244-6479 | office: 801-567-8175
Welcome to the Elementary Science Webpage
Click on the "Teacher Resources" button in the bar above (located between the two lines) where a drop menu will come down for each grade. Clicking on the grade links in the bar above will take you to resources listed below for grade lesson plans, STEM Fair Information and Projects, New Teacher Resources, SLO's, and upcoming Professional Developments.
- The K-2 2010 Utah Science State Core Standards
- The 3-5 2002 Utah Science State Core Standards
- The 6th grade 2017 Utah Science State SEEd Core Standards
- The new K-5 2020 Utah Science State SEEd Core Standards
- Links to lesson plans for each grade
- Links to 6th Grade Storyline lesson plans (made by the State of Utah)
- Links to the K-5 Storyline lesson plans for the 2020-21 school year (made by the State of Utah)
- K-6 Teacher Resources for Teaching Science
- The USBE Open Education Resource (OER) Books For Viewing, Direct Downloading, and Purchasing
- Important Links to Utah State Board of Education, UEN, UtSTA
- ISEE Groups Affiliated with the Utah State Board of Education
- K-6 Science Book Lists
- 3-6 Salt Lake City District List of Science Books
- K-6 recommended materials and supplies needed to teach classroom science
- STEM Fair information for 5th and 6th grades
- STEM Fair Grant Information for 5th and 6th grade students
- Classroom Grant Information for 5th and 6th grade teachers
Lesson plans for the current 2010 Science Cores for K-2 grades, click on the "Lessons" button in the bar above.
Lesson plans for the current 2002 Science Cores for K-5 grades, click on the "Lessons" button in the bar above.
Lesson plans for the new current 2017-18 6th Grade SEEd Core, click on the "Lessons" button in the bar above.
Information for school STEM Fair projects, the Jordan District STEM Fair, or the Central Utah STEM Fair, click on "STEM Fairs" in the bar above.